Thursday, September 28, 2006

Women work harder at Sex And Business!??!?!

A recent article in 20/20 covered the topic of women and sex, specifically, the fact we work harder to orgasm. According to the article, "women need a context in which to be sexual...she has to feel good about the situation, even about the surroundings, in order to let go and really enjoy the scenario". Men on the other hand, aren't so picky, says sex therapist Laura Berman. "It's just the way they're wired. Men are much more goal-oriented. And so they try to heat things up way too quickly". I agree with all, except, i think women are just as goal-oriented as men when it comes to sex - especially career women. When we decide to get hot and bothered, rest assured, we have the same goals in mind as the male. However, unfortunately for us, it appears our genetic make up deams that we need a little more to get to the golden gate. After reading this article, i immediately thought to myself, damn, this is the same as women in business - we work harder for the same end result. That's horrible! If we are being honest, we'll admit, it's a man's world. This isn't to say that i don't believe that women aren't capable of getting top positions, and succeeding, all i am saying is that we have to be smarter and tougher in order to make it happen. I don't think much can be done about us having to work harder to orgasm, i think that's just the hand we were dealt (sad, i know). However, maybe, just maybe, one day we won't have to be as bad ass, take no prisoners, you know i'm the "man" for the job, to rise to the top in business.


For more information, read the article.


Now playing:





Bitch, Meridith Brooks
I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees
When you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I've been numb, I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way

No comments: