Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Forbes: We are NOT The Marrying Kind



According to the infamous Forbes article: women who are college educated and make over $30K a year are the worst to marry (isn't that like 70% of the female population??). Nadi and I plan on making way more than that, guess we should join the convent. Since Forbes just made us very unattractive to all men, this business has to happen. What’s up with that? I can’t believe they had the audacity to publish such an article, even if it holds some truth, some things just should not be put out there like that.

It’s been about a year now since we decided to go into business and so far we’ve got a whole lot of ideas and no business yet. Makes me wonder, can we go into the business of selling ideas? We’d be golden. Hmm. Here’s the dilemma, I want to venture into something I’ll enjoy doing and secretly want to discover the “next big thing”. Nadi wants to do something that will make us money, lot’s of it – simple. Silly me. However, they say that if you enjoy what you are doing then you’ll make money, right? I dunno, but what I do know is: we agree on the fact we both want a beach house and living in LA we are going to need a lot of cash to do this. I was just in Florida and all my friends with mediocre jobs have nice condos/houses and sweet cars. I make more money that all of them and what do I have to show. Not much, but that’s the price of living in Los Angeles, I suppose. Nadi is currently studying for the LSAT knowing she has NO desire to go to law school– that’s her back up. If we can’t get it going, I’m retiring to Jamaica – that’s my back up.

Aside: The latest idea is 100% a hit.

I can't help but wonder

:::Sex And the City Moment:::

How much is a whole lot of drive, desire and motivation really worth - especially when you have VERY little work experience?

Now Playing: Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway

1 comment:

Nadiyah said...

Girl - that's the best bling you could find?!

2 Carat MINIMUM!!!

Oh wait... am I proving Forbes' point?!