Friday, January 05, 2007

For 2007:

So I'm sitting at home "working" (with Dr. Phil in the background) and he's talking about New Year's Resolutions.

Top 10 New Years Resolutions that people don't stick with:

5. To go back to school.

4. To find a new job.

3. To start a business.

2. To get married - I had a friend who actually said this once. A single friend at that. Somethin tells me this one only applies to the ladies
:sigh:

And the number one resolution that people make that people NEVER stick with

1. To lose weight. ...and you thought ALL the 24 Hour Fitness and Bally's commercials were a coincidence.

Why'd I write this post? Because Dr. Phil said something that made sense - why do people place so much emphasis on this arbitrary date (the start of a new year) as the catalyst for change.

And why did I fall into that trap?

Recently my partner and I have lost the bug - not the desire to start a business - but are finding ourselves overwhelmed by figuring out what to do FIRST. And our paralysis-by-analysis has caused us to do NOTHING. And as the year came to a close, I found myself saying "2007 will be the year". WHY??? Why am I waiting for some day in the future to make IT happen? Why not right now?

Well...either way, my procrastination can't last much longer because 2007 is here.

Let's make it a good one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, glad to have you back.

I think it's easier to have an arbitrary demarkation point that you can say "Enough is enough of the status quo". I believe it's more about ending the past then waiting for the future.

I'm not usually a fan either, but like you found myself using the new year as a call to action. When you think of it that way, I think it's something useful.